EMM: Idea roughs and Rationale

Subject of Interest and possible Marketing prospect:
Creating a marketing campaign to raise awareness against school bullying.

Bullying is widespread problem worldwide and is the cause for many social issues that usually end badly, like depression and suicide. I plan to bring awareness the to public via a public message of sorts (unconfirmed at the moment) but it should be perhaps as a video with a clear and effective message. I choose video as a media because it is a widespread media and can be placed or aired just about anywhere. The audience doesn't even need to interact with it, giving it a passive aapproach that still may raise awareness effectively simply by being there. Passive-aggresive marketing approach perhaps.

Objective Fulfilment steps:
A planned approach to answer the brief


For a start, I will be making an observation on the target audience. While I have a rough idea in mind, I'll be conducting surveys and observations perhaps indiscriminately to discover the main concerns and interests of the target. At the moment, I plan to target a wide majority of the public since bullying can happen to anyone or anywhere but if I needed a selected audience, I would speak out for those still in school as they are statistically the highest most affected in this matter.

Marketing Strategy


As a result, my approach on the product has to be both simple but effective. Something that speaks aloud to people of all ages and yet is suitable for viewing to a younger audience. In order to increase the reception, I might have to collaborate with the local Heatlh Ministry to try to get my project exposure via their public campaigns or through social media. There are numerous approaches to this project. The outlet, the content, the media used in the content and the results. I have to make a detailed study on succesful ads and campaign videos if I were to learn their secrets.

The market is full of variety and a detailed plan is neccesary if I plan to utilize it to my own advantage. Multiple media outlets perhaps? Either way, I need a stronger understanding of the current public mindset before concocting any further plans for my campaign plans. One thing I have to take into consideration however is the size of it. If done only through video form, it is both cheap and effective but I cannot completely rule out other forms of media as well. (Reminder to self, Idea comes first NOT the media.) 
In order to build a strong case to explain the need and importance of my campaign, I plan to do an in-depth study on bully victims, bullies and the parents of victims and bullies alike to see their take on the situation and to get a better grasp on the mentality of the people involved. I'll try to record the interviews to make for a solid session to prove beyond doubt the negativity of bullying and how one can prevent it. I chose this direction because I firmly believe we can kill the issue in its crib. Bullying is usually fostered by the lack of the proper authority doing anything whatsoever to address it. Even when the issue is addressed, the lacklustre outcome only serves to drive bullies to doing more, since the drawback doesn't scare them.

Comments

Popular Posts